Before requesting a proposal, prospective clients want to know a little more about what it’s like to work with me. I’ve included the most frequently asked questions below.
If you’d like to talk further, you can call me during normal business hours at 603-382-8093 or send an email to email@example.com to schedule a phone or Skype call. If I’m at my desk, I’ll respond to you right away.
How long have you been doing marketing?
I’ve been doing marketing communications since my first job right out of college in 1986. I continually hone my skills and pivot when necessary in order to keep up with technology changes. My decades of experience and expertise includes:
- Marketing communications
- Lead generation
- Website usability / navigation
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, mobile, hosting, Google Analytics, MailChimp, and sundry other topics relating to websites and marketing
What makes you different from a website designer or marketing agency?
What makes me unique is that I combine a hands-on skill set with a strong strategic perspective. I’m also curious as heck and love learning new things. Other things that set me apart:
- You get 100% of my attention: I’m responsive, I pick up the phone when you call, I answer your emails.
- I do all the work myself rather than farming it out.
- I focus on what I do best: helping you strategically market your business.
- I create custom plans based on your business — with recommendations / tactics scaled to your business, resources and budget.
How do you work? Do you quote by the project or hourly?
For website overhaul projects, I give you a set fee. I don’t change this fee unless the scope of the project changes. The project fee includes all phone calls and emails and usually one visit to tour your facility. I take the time to answer all of your questions so that you understand the hows and whys of the recommended strategy and tactics.
What are your terms?
Projects require a 50% deposit with the balance due when the final version of the project is submitted to you (or the designer). For your convenience, I accept company check or credit card.
Will you sign an NDA?
Yes, I will sign a client-provided Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Do you do the work yourself or outsource it?
All marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, and writing I do myself. In order to provide my clients with the best service possible, I’ve assembled a team of experts for WordPress design, pay-per-click advertising, photography, etc. I recommend these people to you if I believe they can help you.
Do you work with non-B2B companies?
Yes. Although my specialty is industrial manufacturing, I’ve worked with all types of organizations and companies across a wide range of industries:
- Business units of Fortune 500s
- Highly successful consultants
- Professional service firms (financial, accounting, recruiters, etc.)
- Consumer-type products and services
- Small businesses of all types
How long have you been in business?
I started my business in 1998 as DH Communications, Inc. In December 2014, I changed my focus and the business name to Huff Industrial Marketing, Inc. to better reflect what I do. I’m an incorporated business in good standing with the state of New Hampshire.
Trivia: Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils, New Hampshire’s state motto, isn’t something the Patriots came up with during the Revolutionary War. Rather, it’s a drinking toast. When invited to an anniversary reunion of the Battle of Bennington, General John Stark was too ill to attend. He sent the famous line via letter and instructed attendees to raise a toast. The state adopted the motto in 1945.