We talk to lots of manufacturers; after learning their websites are falling down on the job, we do a review. The problems we regularly see:
- Use of $25 pre-built themes or DIY platforms (e.g. Wix)
- Reliance on the buggy, bloated Elementor plugin (a tool for people with limited design or coding skills)
- Faulty code, including junk leftover from the pre-built theme
- Shoddy design and navigation that negatively impact the user experience
- Non-existent SEO or lead tracking
- Content and calls-to-action not based on the manufacturing buying process
- Copy bloat and tech bling that deter users and lower conversions
What makes Huff Industrial Marketing websites different
- Custom, bug-free theme — All coding is done by Stephen Merriman, our in-house programmer. His code is super clean, efficient, and bloat-free.
- Beautiful design that enhances your brand — All design work is done by our in-house designer, Rachel Cunliffe. She and I work closely to ensure the design clearly communicates your brand and message while ensuring navigation and on-page elements aid in lead generation.
- Copy written for manufacturing audiences — Everything is written in-house by me, Dianna Huff. I know manufacturing and how to write strong, technically-oriented copy that requires little editing — and helps prospects decide to contact you.
- Start-to-finish project management — We know you’re stressed and busy, which is why we oversee all aspects of the project. Your biggest job is giving us feedback. We do the rest.
- Unmatched expertise and attention to detail — Our work speaks for itself. Take a look at the Appli-Tec, Kays Engineering, or Bugeye Technologies websites. You will see the difference.
The result: A flawlessly executed manufacturing website that supports all your marketing efforts and generates leads — now and five years from now.
What you get with the Custom Build Website package:
- In-depth analysis of competitor websites and messaging
- Audit of competitor SEO
- Report of findings with recommended messaging strategy
Messaging & Branding
- How key messages will be communicated through design and copy
- Photoshoot shot list (if applicable)
- Logo redesign or refresh (if needed)
Special Features (if applicable)
- Powerful product filters to aid search
- Dealer logins / E-commerce
Website Copy & SEO
- Development of a new site map and navigational structure
- All website copy — revised or created from scratch as needed
- All content optimized to Google’s stated guidelines
- Calls-to-action: RFQ, phone, email
- RFQ form tailored to your sales process
- Conversion tracking set-up in Google Analytics
Recruitment / Careers
- Communicate your culture and values
- Attract skilled workers, engineers, managers
- Reduce agency costs with online application process
Design & Development
- Custom-designed WordPress theme based on content strategy
- Design mockups of pages, calls-to-action, forms, etc.
- Clean, flexible, fast-loading and 100% glitch-free theme code
- Working with the photographer and/or attending photoshoot
- Ensuring project milestones stay on schedule
- Technical support
- User guide and training
- Migrating the website to go live
- Website looks beautiful and functions perfectly on any device
“Back in the 1990s, every company needed to be ISO certified if you wanted to quote specific types of projects. Being certified was a big differentiator. Now everyone is certified. To differentiate your company today, and get a seat at the table, you need a professionally-developed website. We’ve been working with Huff Industrial Marketing since 2015, when they first redesigned our website. Dianna and her team work closely with us to deliver content, Google Ads consulting and implementation, and recommendations for improving the website user experience, such as moving our TDS from PDFs to html pages — and then tracking the impact to our lead generation goals.”